A library can be considered a store – house of knowledge. In dictionaries the word “library” has been defined as “a building or room containing a collection of books”. A library renders a great service to the society.
The Central Library of Galaxy Global is located in the heart of the institution and therefore is easily accessible to the departments, classrooms and hostels. Galaxy Global has an excellent well equipped centrally air-conditioned library having ever increasing collection and a wide range of books on various topics. The library is the hub of academic life of campus with a covered area of 30,000 sq ft. It has got a collection of over
15,000 books. Our library has self access facility for students and faculty through automated computer software. It also subscribes to 1550 International online Journals and Magazines regularly. Besides, the Institute is also a member of a number of national and international online libraries. Air conditioned reading room provides for self study sessions with a good collection of audio-visuals aids. Library also provides an optional book bank facility for the students.
Salient Features :
- Wide collection of over 15,000 books.
- Member of the INDEST-AICTE consortium e-resources with 1550 international online journals available.
- National periodicals available : 95
- Availability of the leading newspapers like: The Tribune, Times of India, Hindustan Times, The Hindu, Business Standard, Indian express and all others.
- Digital Library: more than 600 CD’s available, internet facility2E
- Fully computerized automated library management system for the issue, search, return of the books.
- CAS/ SDI services
- Air conditioned reading rooms.
- Book bank facility.
- ERP based system.